Mr. Matorin has advised and represented clients with respect to a variety of copyright and trademark issues, including:
- a trademark owner and developer of an online entertainment portal in a trademark infringement action against one of the largest cable television and online entertainment companies in the country;
- the pioneer Internet retailer in significant trademark infringement litigation concerning its name, obtaining a favorable settlement;
- a provider of aircraft parts and services in trademark infringement dispute against a competitor;
- various types of businesses needing counseling or representation in trademark disputes pertaining to Internet domains, meta-tags, and advertising keywords;
- companies needing advice on copyright enforcement;
- a developer of ASP applications against charges of trademark infringement;
- clients needing advice on on the licensing of material created by others;
- clients needing counseling on how to maintain control of information they have created, including trademark and copyright enforcement and licensing
- clients needing advice on issues relating to e-commerce, online brand management, and Internet domain UDRP proceedings.
Mr. Matorin has particular experience in the application of copyright and trademark law to the Internet and constantly monitors new developments in this area.